In a room filled to capacity, François Gilbert bowled over a demanding, passionate audience. Industry members were delighted to discover – and rediscover – Champagne throughout the duration of the conference, through some lovely tastings.
Myriad parameters define the diversity of Champagne wines: the growth, the grape varieties, the vintage, maturation time and choice of dosage – all of which can be combined, creating virtually endless scope for winemakers.
Every year, François Gilbert is invited to present Champagne from a particular angle. After Blancs de Blancs last year, he focused on the diversity of Champagne for the 50th Vinitaly show from April 10 to 13, 2016.
The labels that were presented and tasted:
- Champagne Taittinger : Comptes de Champagne 2006, Prélude, Millésime 2009
- Champagne Piper Heidsieck : Essentiel Cuvée Brut
- Champagne Charles Heidsieck : Brut Réserve
- Champagne Gosset : Grand blanc de Blancs et Brut Grand Millésime 2006
- Champagne G.H Mumm : Blanc de blancs Brut de Cramant
- Champagne Michel Gonet : Prestige 2010 Extra
Until next year’s theme is announced, discover the range of Champagnes in our online guides now!